Some people seem to be natural MLM leaders. When we look at them, they just seem like the logical people to follow, and partner with. What sets them apart from the rest of the network marketing community?
By digging into this question, we can ascertain what it takes to be a leading network marketer, and as such we can set goals to develop ourselves to that level.
I did some digging myself, and this is what I found In MLM Leaders
1. MLM leaders are focused on people. Most network marketers are focused on selling or recruiting, while some of them are focused on prospecting or business building.
However, the ones who achieve the most in life are those networkers who invest their time into building and nurturing relationships, and developing the skill sets of the people on their teams. The more they focus on helping OTHER people succeed, the more money they make.
2. MLM leaders are committed and consistent. It’s easy to be enthusiastic when you get into a new opportunity. It’s easy to get excited when you meet your new team members, and learn new things from you.
However, after working at your MLM business for a while, the initial euphoria and enthusiasm tends to fade, even if you are bringing in some money.
Successful network marketers don’t just work at their businesses when they feel like it. They know that their long term success will depend on how many good people they can bring into the company, and help them develop to their full potential.
They keep working at it, regardless of whether times are tough, or whether they feel like it or not, because they know that slowing down their efforts will cost them dearly in the long run. They know that consistency, combined with patience and persistence, makes network marketing success almost inevitable.
3. MLM leaders pay attention to their mindset on a daily basis. All successful network marketers are positive people. Unfortunately, as we go about our business, we are bombarded with negative responses from prospects and from unsuccessful team members.
If we don’t assert a deliberate effort to “purge” ourselves on a regular basis, some of the negativity will stick in our minds and slowly drag us down to inevitable failure.
Whatever you do to remain positive, do it on a daily basis. You can listen to inspirational and/or motivational audios, you can watch videos on Youtube, you can read books, or you can just follow some good blogs – but just DO IT, and do it every day.
4. MLM leaders always keep learning from their mentors. Most people (not only network marketers) who made it big in life had a mentor in some form or another.
It may have been someone they knew growing up, or a family member, someone who employed them at some stage, or in the case of network marketing, your upline (if you are fortunate) or your coach.
As a leader you owe it to the people on your team to provide them with the best possible training and leadership – and since the world is constantly changing, you have to keep learning to be able to provide them with the best possible skill set.
Remember, the more YOU learn, and are able to teach your team members, the more money you will make. It’s as simple as that.
5. MLM leaders embrace their imperfections. They know what they are good at, and they know in which areas they lack.As such, they try to find ways in which they can make the most of their stronger skills, while at the same time working on improving their weaker skills.
Over time, even their weaker skills are developed to the point where they offer sufficient capability to achieve their goals.
At the end of the day, being an MLM leader is not so much about what you are, but about what you do.
Yes, some people will find it easier than others to step into those shoes – but most of us have the ability to, if we work at it long and hard enough, to be respected as leaders by our team members and our peers.
If you enjoyed this post on 5 Characteristics that set MLM Leaders Apart, retweet and comment please
Stay updated with me: